Questions Before Hiring an SEO Firm in Denver
What To Ask Before Hiring an SEO firm in Denver
Here are a few very simple but very useful questions that you can ask when interviewing or meeting with and SEO consultant to gauge their knowledge and the quality of their work.
1. What kind of strategies have you successfully implemented to achieve at least a PR 3 for a client and what is the domain?
Run a backlink check of the sites and look at the quality of the links that come up. Do you see any shady link or any link farms? Make sure these links look legit and not spam.
2. What are the top strategies you rely on for getting better rankings?
Listen carefully to the first couple of strategies they use and if press releases, Web 2.0 property creation or blog content distribution are not within the first few options, walk away fast.
3. What Search Engine Optimization tools do you use frequently?
You want to get a sense of how up to date and proficient they are in SEO technology. They should be using tools like Google Keyword tool, SEO Elite, Wordtracker, Keyword Discovery and other Firefox extensions as well.
4. How do they determine if a campaign is being successful or not.
The answer to this question should always be conversions, not traffic. Almost anyone can drive traffic to a site, but the real job of the SEO is to drive targeted leads and buyers to your site.
5. What are your strongest and weakest areas when it comes to SEO?
Listen to their strengths and test them by giving them a small project. See if they really are strong in these areas. As far as their weaknesses, make sure that they are honest and admit that they have a weakness. Ask them how they are dealing with these weaknesses.